I got this great tip from Cassie Nevitt: Color-code your calendar.
Maybe you already color-code yours--but I bet you don't do it this way.
Cassie's tip was to color-code based on the category of the activity, so that at a glance, you can see the type of week you're going to have and can mentally prepare for it.
Here's this week for me (I covered up names for privacy's sake):
This is my coding system:
- Blue: self-care
- Red: Husband not here = me taking care of all baby-related needs
- Light Red: Time with husband
- Orange: Time With family
- Green: Revenue-generating time
- Peach: Planning, non-business
- Gray: Pitching, drumming up business, selling
- Turquoise: Writing
- Yellow: Education, planning for my business
- Lilac: Meeting not otherwise covered
This color-coding system has changed the way I schedule my time.
For example, blue is my color for "self-care." Whenever I don't see any blue in my week or day, I find a place to shove some blue in to make sure I don't go insane.
Do you have a color-coding scheme that brings order to your life? Let me know what it is in the comments!